Collaborative Change Lead
- Build capability for addressing some of Australia’s most complex social challenges
- Manage a portfolio of diverse projects and highly skilled teams
- Role can be based anywhere in Australia, flexible working arrangements,
- Circa $120 – $150k pro rata
- 0.8 FTE – 2 year fixed term contract
Download > Job Description
Collaboration for Impact exists to create a more equitable and inclusive Australia where people, place and planet thrive. Our purpose is to build a powerful movement of people able to shift conditions holding complex challenges in place. We focus on two conditions:
- Increasing the capacity of changemakers to think and act systemically;
- Building the collaborative capacity to address Australia’s unreconciled history of colonisation.
Established in 2015 Collaboration for Impact (CFI) is a leading intermediary in capacity building for systems change. CFI is embarking on a key transition from a co-founder led, network-based start-up to scaling for broader impact. This Lead role is part of this evolution and growth.
Your role will be to:
- Lead and deliver world-class capacity building services to place-based and collaborative change initiatives committed to addressing Australia’s complex social challenges. Directly manage a portfolio of 30+ diverse projects with a number of highly skilled teams.
- Develop new business and revenue through understanding and scoping client’s needs, writing effective proposals, managing contractual negotiations and managing a business unit budget
- Lead the development of CFI’s collaborative change practice, contribute to related learning offerings and create content for CFI’s knowledge platforms in order to further build CFI’s offerings and capabilities across CFI, our network and the field.
- Be part of CFI’s bold ambition to develop a movement of people able to change systems and drive large-scale impact.
Is this you?
- Passionate about driving social change with highly developed skills in two or more of the following; place based collaborative change; collective impact; systems thinking and innovation, adaptive leadership, community empowerment and / or measurement, evaluation and learning for systems change.
- Significant experience working on complex social challenges
- Advanced facilitation and coaching skills and the demonstrated ability to build capacity in others
- Strong project management, skilled at:
- managing diverse teams,
- meeting demanding client deliverables on time,
- managing project budgets and
- client reporting.
- Project management methodologies and software
- Proven business development skills and high commercial acumen to meet revenue targets
- Able to comfortably manage client relationships, across Government, Industry, NFP and communities
- Experience developing and or contributing to measurement and evaluation frameworks, reporting and learnings loops
- Experience codifying and documenting practice for sharing and building resources and tools and developing practitioners
- Have held team leadership positions
Ways of working
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A demonstrated passion for community lead change, innovation and trying new approaches.
- A commitment to continuous learning and self-reflection
- Alignment and commitment to the CFI vision, mission, values and principle ways of working
- High self-awareness, including cultural awareness, power literacy and openness to transparent feedback
- Exceptional communication skills
If you have this, we’d love to hear from you!
The organisation has a bring your own devices policy.
Applications will be reviewed progressively, please apply ASAP. If you require more information, please contact Kyrstie Dunn at email@example.com
Download > Job Description
View > Collaboration for Impact Strategy 2020-23
What to do Next?
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading: Collaborative Change Lead – [your name]
- A one-page cover letter introducing you, your interest in and experience for the position.
- A current resume
- A statement answering the following questions:
- Tell us about your experience working in place-based collaborative change initiatives, and your role within the collaboration.
- Share an example of a complex multi-stakeholder project you have managed and some of your key methods for managing such projects well.
- What is your interest and experience in generating new business and revenue streams?
- Tell us about your approach to forming and leading project teams and how this might look when working with peer practitioners.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Back to all