- Finance Lead role
- Work with passionate people to secure financial sustainability for social impact
- Salary range – $100-110,000 pro rata + superannuation (Work from home)
- 0.7 FTE
Summary: Work with the Board, CEO and peers to ensure financial sustainability for an organisation working towards an equitable and inclusive Australia.
> Download the Job Description
About the organisation
Collaboration for Impact (CFI) exists to create a more equitable and inclusive Australia where people, place and planet thrive. Our purpose is to build a powerful movement of people able to change systems and drive large-scale impact. CFI is now an established network of expert practitioners in collaboration and systems change. This network provides capacity building to over 40 initiatives nationwide. Their role is to build capacity for systemic change in others through collaboration and facilitation. CFI is in the process of transitioning to scale on several fronts, strengthening services and governance, building the core team and Network, and implementing knowledge management, evaluation and learning across CFI.
What is the role?
The purpose of the role is to bring financial rigour to this growth and ensure financial sustainability by designing and delivering a financial and commercial strategy that is backed by business models, policy frameworks and systems that will give Collaboration for Impact the ability to deliver significant social impact.
To achieve this, the responsibilities will include both day-to-day activities and delivery of strategic projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice to the CEO and Operations Lead on commercial strategy and pricing, systems, and processes.
- Developing and implementing a fit for purpose and sustainable business model
- Developing budgets and forecasts for current and future activities, events, and consulting.
- Monitoring financials and meeting accounting and all compliance obligations
- Managing a bookkeeper and performance.
What about you?
You have tertiary qualifications from CPA Australia, CIMA or Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand and can demonstrate:
- Mastery across financial domains including business modelling, service pricing, system and process improvement, financial reporting, and compliance obligations with highly developed business acumen.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders across an organisation in the design and implementation of commercial strategy to ensure financial sustainability.
- Proven experience in establishing business requirements, scanning trends, reviewing system products and integrations, recommending solutions and leading financial system change and engagement in change management.
- Super user capability with MS Excel and financial software as a service.
- Capacity to establish and maintain financial and commercial policy, performance, risk, and compliance frameworks that meet regulatory obligations, and align with the values of a social impact organisation without impeding capacity for agility and innovation.
- Experience in social impact organisations is highly valued and you have a passion for the work CFI does in building systemic change.
- Experience working in a distributed executive team, self-organising teams and remotely from home
- An interest in continual learning and professional development through peer accountability and feedback.
The organisation has a bring your own devices policy.
Applications will be reviewed progressively, please apply ASAP. If you require more information, please contact Kyrstie Dunn on email@example.com.
> Download the Job Description
> Link to Collaboration for Impact Strategy 2020-23
WHAT DO DO NEXT?
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading: Finance Lead– [your name] and include:
- A one-page cover letter introducing you, your interest in and experience for the position
- A current resume
- A statement answering the following questions:
Back to all
- What is the key role of a financial lead in a for-purpose organisation that is scaling?
- Outline your experience implementing commercial business models including project pricing and profitability for a not-for-profit organisation. What was the organisation, how did you approach the model building, who did you work with, what was the result?