Head of Business Operations
- Are you an experienced & contemporary leader of business operations of innovative social change organisations? Contribute to our vision for an equitable and inclusive society where people, place and planet thrive.
- $150k plus super (pro rata), full-time, 1yr fixed term contract (view to extension)
- Work from anywhere in Australia, flexible working arrangements, some travel
We are hiring key new senior leadership roles in our team.
We are seeking creative, strategic and values-aligned leaders to come and work with us on Collaboration for Impact’s next horizon.
About Collaboration for Impact
For over ten years Collaboration for Impact (CFI) has been working towards a vision for an equitable and inclusive society where people, place and planet thrive.
Our underpinning belief is that for society to be more equitable, then how we create our future society need to be equitable. This means we focus on making the rules, mindsets and practices for how we create social change more equitable, collaborative and systemic.
We are a non-government organisation working in partnership with communities and other networks across the country to:
- Partner with collaborations seeking to transform systems to strengthen, learn and demonstrate what is possible.
- Catalyse and support platforms for connection, learning and collective action across community to wider system interventions.
- Influence and help organisations networks and organisations learn to work systemically on issues of national importance.
We are seeking an experienced and contemporary Head of Business Operations to lead the operational aspects of the organisation, including; finance, human resources, process and systems, commercial and risk & compliance.
This exciting newly created role will provide the opportunity to have a positive impact on the community. You will lead a team to deliver key outcomes for the organisation.
This role will also be tasked with:
- Further developing our evolving business model and finance function, and
- Overseeing and being hands-on in improving our in-house technology, processes and systems.
Ultimately it will be your role to ensure we create a fit for purpose operating model for a fast-paced and innovative national social change organisation to operate sustainably, effectively and in alignment with our vision and principle ways of working.
Your Key Accountabilities will be:
- Developing, implementing and leading the business operations strategy, planning, budgeting and vision, overseeing all operational matters.
- Identifying and developing business frameworks and approaches to support commercial initiatives and opportunities and oversee the implementation.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the risk mitigation strategy.
- Managing and overseeing the finance team through overseeing reporting, banking and other financial activities.
- Developing, implementing and overseeing policies and operational processes, procedures and systems.
- Developing, managing and maintaining human resource policies and activities including workforce planning, recruitment, performance management, our internal professional development framework and employee relations.
What we need you to bring to this role:
- Mastery in three or more of the domains of: commercial strategy and management,
- people and culture, finance, business systems, risk management .
- Experienced in senior leadership roles, leading and engaging high performing teams and managing diverse business operations.
- Experienced in designing and implementing commercial initiatives into an organisation and adapting the business model to create sustainability and aligned impact.
- Experienced in implementing best practice people and business management practices.
- Experienced leading whole of organisational change, including management of goals and timelines, stakeholder communications and engagement, and risk mitigation in fast paced, complex environments.
- Experience establishing business requirements, scanning trends, reviewing system products and integrations, recommending solutions and leading system change with an eye for detail in data migration and engagement in change management.
- A super user capability across a range of software as a service corporate solutions and capacity to learn new systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain policy, performance, risk and compliance frameworks that meet regulatory obligations, align with the values of a social impact organisation without impeding capacity for agility and innovation.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Read the full position description here.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Heading: Role Title – [your name] and include:
- Apply early as CFI will be proactively screening and possibly making early offers.
- Please provide a 1 – 2 page cover letter introducing yourself, your interest in the role and
- experience in relation to each of the accountabilities for the role.
- A current resume;
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if applicable).
If you have specific questions about applying for this role please contact Carrie Skinner email@example.com
- Applications close 9am 13 June
About Working with Us
CFI values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of all ages, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+. We welcome the skills, experiences and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We acknowledge the resilience, knowledge, wisdom and teachings of the oldest living culture on our planet and pay our respect to all First Nations Elders past, present and emerging. In all our work and relationships, we believe in and strengthen deep collaboration between First Nations and other Australians. Back to all