Empowered communities, national
Intended impact = closing the gap on Indigenous disparity and increasing Indigenous agency and empowerment
Empowered Communities is a national change process led by Indigenous leaders from 8 Regions from around Australia. With a common vision for change, the leaders drafted a comprehensive set of transformational reforms to give their children the same opportunities and choices that other Australians expect for their children. You can read their design report from 2013 here.
In 2016 implementation of the design report began in earnest. CFI’s role has been to:
- support implementation by facilitating learning and building capacity among backbone teams and government practitioners.
- provide ongoing coaching and development to backbone leaders and data managers
- develop and iterate the national theory of change
- build capacity and tools within each Region to track progress, capture baseline, measure collaboration health and map systems changes
- build the 2017 reporting framework
- build a measuring, learning and adaptation toolkit for consistent data collection across the Regions